(OUTDATED but still useful, let me know if you have suggestions to refresh the list)
This page aims to collect blogs, webs, manifests, tools and, in general, all kinds of resources useful for researchers (apart from this blog of course). Suggestions for new additions to the lists are more than welcome !.
- Prof Serious – Serious Engineering: advice on the all aspects of your daily life as a researcher
- Research tips blog by Rob J Hyndman
- Many of the tweets by Moshe Vardi
- 10 easy ways to fail a Ph.D.
- Perverse Incentives in Academia
- Slow Science manifesto
- In defense of Incremental research
- Be honest. Curing cancer is not your primary goal
- PhD comics. So funny, so real!
- Why God will never get tenure. A classic
- How people see the work of a Professor and How people in science see each other
- Corporate Bullshit Generator
- RoMEO – searchable database of publisher’s policies on self-archiving
- List and acceptance rates of Software Engineering Conferences
- Scholarly Open Access – Critical analysis of scholarly open-access publishing
Other research rants (though they seem to be abandoned now):