This has already appeared in thousands of sites in different forms (I discovered it here) but I felt this blog wouldn’t be complete if I didn’t not reproduce it here as well. It may look like a joke but there’s a lot of wisdom in these items.
So, here we go, Why god will never get tenure:
- He had only one major publication.
- It was in Hebrew.
- It had no references.
- It wasn’t published in a refereed journal.
- Some even doubt he wrote it by himself.
- It may be true that he created the world, but what has he done since then?
- The scientific community has had a hard time replicating his results.
- He never applied to the ethics board for permission to use human subjects.
- When one experiment went awry he tried to cover it by drowning his subjects.
- When subjects didn’t behave as predicted, he deleted them from the sample.
- He rarely came to class, just told students to read the book.
- Some say he had his son teach the class.
- He expelled his first two students for learning.
- Although there were only 10 requirements, most of his students failed his tests.
- His office hours were infrequent and often held on limited access mountain tops.
- He has no record of working well with colleagues.