I’m an FNR Pearl Chair and head of the Software Engineering Unit at the ITIS department of the Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST). Previosly, I’ve been an ICREA Research Professor at Internet Interdisciplinary Institute, the Research center of the Open University of Catalonia (UOC) where I led the SOM Research Lab. I was also Visiting Professor at the Western Norway University of Applied Sciences, associate professor at École des Mines de Nantes as part of an Inria International Chair, postdoc at the University of Toronto, researcher at the Politecnico di Milano and the Technical University of Catalonia and co-founded two startups.
My research falls into the broad area of systems and software engineering, especially promoting the rigorous use of software models in all software tasks while keeping an eye on the most unpredictable element in any project: the people involved in it. Current research topics include pragmatic formal verification techniques, analysis of open source communities, open data exploitation and the role AI can play in software development (and vice versa). Let’s use all the tools at our disposal to build Better Software Faster.
Beyond scientific publications, the results of our research are available as open-source tools or as part of transfer contracts.
Millions of Funding (in €)
- Mentoring your internal teams
- Implantation of new development processes
- Recommendations of new tools/techniques for a competitive advantage
- Open Source & Open Data Strategies and governance
- R&D Strategic Advisor
- Participation in all kinds of funded projects
- Tech Transfer
- Industrial PhDs and postdocs
- Exploratory Research for your business ideas
- Seminars on a variety of development topics
- Hands-on workshops on modeling / low-code platforms
- Keynote talks at your events
- Online/on-site in-deep courses and teaching materials
A selection of tools, projects and partners I’ve collaborated with